Martin J. Walsh
Rated the most energy efficient city in the U.S. by ACEEE three years in a row.
• Won international award for Greenovate Boston and community engagement at
the Paris climate talks.
• Compliant with the Global Covenant of Mayors for Climate and Energy
greenhouse gas emissions reporting Compact.
• Updated the City’s Climate Action Plan in 2014 to reach climate goals.
• Launched the Carbon Free Boston initiative to support rapid action to become
carbon neutral by 2050.
• Launched the Renew Boston Trust initiative to pursue energy efficiency and
resiliency in Boston’s building portfolios by using a proven self-funded financing
25% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2020, below 2005 level, and carbon neutral by 2050